As you may know that Windows Phone is the latest mobile phone OS by Microsoft and got very good attention from the end users.Â Microsoft is strongly leveraging the Windows Phone 7 platform. Unlike Google or Apple, they are trying to engage developers from around the world to make their Marketplace richer. Itâ€™s a great opportunity that developers from around the world canÂ legallyÂ develop and sell Windows Phone Applications on the Marketplace.
For those who do not want to download the big files can use an alternate method. The download will be smaller in that case but you need to have Visual Studio 2010Â (or higher) installed on your computer.
- You need to have Visual Studio 2010 installed on your computer.
- You also need to have Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1.
- Download & install Microsoft Web Platform Installer (Web PI)Â from here.
- RunÂ Web PI as Administrator-
- After some time, it will refresh the product list. Once you see the list you can find Windows Phone SDK there. Click on the Add button-
- You can see the Windows Phone SDK’s size is less than 4MB.
You can hit “I Accept” button to get going. In total you will not download more than 15MB 🙂
Once your application is ready, you can go toÂ http://create.msdn.com/ and publish your app to the marketplace.
Developers from some country may not find their name listed on the website. Well, don’t get upset as Microsoft hasÂ Global Publisher Program for you. To know more aboutÂ Global Publisher Program please visit theÂ Global Publisher page on MSDN.
Enjoy developing and make money 🙂